2017/02/10

HV Battery Capacity Estimate

During an HV Check, an estimate of the battery capacity is also shown on screen.
All models (except Prius Plus and Prius Plugin) have a nominal 6.5 Ah battery capacity.
To evaluate capacity follow these guidelines:
1) be sure to have at least 60% SOC, engine and battery at operating temperatures (i.e. not too low or too high)
2) park the car
3) start A/C at the lowest temperature, to put some load on the battery
4) be sure the petrol engine is not running and have completed S1 phase
4) start HV Check
5) keep the check running until actual SOC is at least 10% less than the starting SOC

The Estimated Capacity will change color when enough data will be collected.

The same information is present on the report from Hybrid Reporter


3 comments:

  1. Hi guys
    Let me thank you for the really great work you're doing here. Thumbs way up!
    Ferls80

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 5.42ah. rebuilt battery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find something interesting when measuring capacity. If I measure from 60% SOC down to 40% I get Ah over the rated 6,5 Ah, but If I charge the battery to full down the hill and measure capacity from 80% to 40% I get more interesting results on my 7 year old Prius. At first I got 3,35 Ah, couple of months later I got 3,99 Ah. But in both instances SOC drooped from around 55% down to 40% very rapidly, but when charged back to 60% and down to 40% there is no rapid drop in SOC, this only happens when discharging from full 8 bars.

    ReplyDelete